If there's a better way to quickly acclimate to a different place than arriving on Halloween, I'm not sure what it is. Yes, I realize there are 364 days of the year that this isn't possible--just call me lucky, I guess.
We dressed and went out for the night; Kat and Reese as vampires (of course), Curt as the board game "Operation," Jeff as Clark Kent (replete with a Superman t-shirt under his shirt and tie), me (Noel) as Charlie Brown (don't laugh at the costume--I made that...), and Tommy, esoteric as always, as an American tourist in Belfast. Turns out we didn't exactly go as crazy as we may have thought. At least downtown, Belfast does Halloween with gusto. The rest of the area does it with a bang: fireworks are de rigueur for Halloween here, it seems.
But what a great introduction to the language here--I could have listened to our taxi driver talk for nearly ever, even though I only caught every third word, at best. Yes, I know--they speak English here, but you try and follow along when they get going...
For a group that by all rights should have been suffering from jet-lag, the night simply kept going...and going...and going (the energizer bunny has nothing on Tommy...) We finished the night back at Paul's with a bit of music and a few too many photos: suffice it to say Superman did not save Charlie Brown when the vampires descended on him...
You guys looked fabulous in your costumes! Sounds like Halloween was a blast!
ReplyDelete