Saturday, November 21, 2009

So what next?

Well, we've been back for almost 2 weeks and the sleep deprivation is FINALLY wearing off.

The Black Eyed Peas "I gotta feeling" is now merely a faint ring in my ears since I'm no longer hearing it everywhere I go...the bacon addiction we all fostered is kinda dissipating, for which our arteries can all be thankful.

I don't know about the blokes, but Reese and I found ourselves missing the lads horribly when we first came back, but we also have a new appreciation for fresh air.

SO after a couple of weeks to decompress, where are we at?

We had our team/crew debrief last Monday and it was really cool to hear what God has been teaching everyone and to share our experiences with the support crew. It was seriously encouraging that, having asked the question if they wanted to continue and what they wanted to do, they all pretty much looked at me like I was demented and said that they do want to keep going along this path God has us on- AWESOME!

For me, this means I'm going to be moving home. Friends of mine don't know Jesus, and don't have a "come as you are" community to be loved in (regardless of where any of us are at on our spiritual journey) and, since I believe we are ALWAYS blessed to be a blessing- never merely for our own gratification- it follows that I ask myself the question: "how are you blessing others with what you've been blessed with?"

Professionally that's a no-brainer, but sooo much of this past 2 years for me has been about the church that God has led me to and the growth spurt being part of that community has required of me. I want to extend that love to people I know, especially since the feedback we got this time is that people aren't used to this idea in N. Ireland and God has put it on my heart to try to be part of how He brings it.

SO, as much as the very idea scares the living doo-dah out of me, I want to be involved in the change that God seems to have planned for N. Ireland and whilst there are some who are already feeling that God is putting this on their hearts to be a part of, I'm looking for others who love Jesus and want to meet people where they're at and love them in that place. ANY TAKERS?

It's going to be a wild ride- no doubt fraught with opposition, but at what price do we choose not to love?...

No comments:

Post a Comment