Saturday, November 7, 2009

Drawing to a close...

As Noel said in the previous post, we've been rather busy (spot the understatement) and have essentially not stopped since we got here. It's been great as we've had great conversations and built quality contacts with people in ways that we could not have anticipated beforehand.

Not only has God opened doors and hearts so we would have opportunities to be with people and meet them where they're at, but He's been teaching and encouraging us in different ways too. (I should also add that since we're pretty much only getting about half the sleep we should each night, He's clearly sustaining us too... and some nights it's been less than half. Ha!)

I can only speak for me, so to do that for a second- this has been an amazing time of growth and stretching of my faith and also a really tough week. Satan fights dirty for sure, but He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world so things have turned the corner the past few days and I know I'm merely one of a number who've been blown away by God's goodness.

I also have to admit that I'm not looking forward to leaving. But as with every day of life, wherever we are, life is to be grabbed and savored and made the most of and so I'm focusing on the last day and a half I have here and capitalizing on every opportunity it affords me. And I KNOW the rest of the team are grabbing those opportunities just as hard. God really put together the perfect team for this trip- even down to us being unified the whole time so far- no fall-outs or anything! WOW. Talk about an answered prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment