...I nearly called him "rad" or "radtastic" but it's too easy a hit, so let's just leave it that he's seriously phenomenal to have put us up (and put up with us) for 10 days- with very little sleep and the craziness which comes with having a team of loopers under your roof. Here's what he wrote back to Eastlake...
For the last 10 days I have had the genuine pleasure of hosting the Northern Ireland mission team at my house.
I don't know what makes a successful trip from Eastlake's point of view but for someone who continually rejects church I'd like to share what I saw on the trip;
First and foremost I saw Jesus (the biblical one, not the Mexican Hey-zeus, we don't get them here) through the team. It was a pleasure to see genuine faith without the baggage and pious-ness (real word?) that is so prevalent in society.
I saw my friends thoroughly enjoying being around christians. Please do not under estimate this statement.
I saw beliefs and stereotypes challenged - both in & out of church. Correction, I heard about the challenges in church, I however have a horrible medical afflication which means that when I go near a church I break out into social tourettes syndrome and feel the need to punch most of the people I meet, so on the advice of my doctor I just did the taxi run.
I saw people who hate God ask questions about faith.
I saw people who love God question how they serve.
I hope some of the above would be considered a success & I don't know what 'next steps' are but plan to be involved. I also hope that the mission team themselves learnt a lot about life in NI and found the trip worthwhile - at least they all now know they are 'vapours'. Ask them!
On a personal note, I have never laughed so much and for so long and would like to thank Eastlake for sending and backing the team they did, I couldn't have asked for better people to share my home with, although I will have to either burn everything I own or live with the fact that I will smell of a combination of bacon and ass for the next 6 months this was a small price to pay for such a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment