Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Houston, we have a problem...

Actually, that's a lie. We have more than one thing that could be described as a problem. We have many of them. And in all honesty right about now I or any of the team could be going "what the heck were we thinking?" BUT here's the thing.

The God who got us into this (or "called us to this" if you'd like religious language) is the God who flung the stars into space, the One who gives us the outrageously beautiful sunsets here each night with colors so garish only God could get away with them. The God who sent that historical dude Jesus (of whom there is more secular historical writings during the life of than for example, Julius Caesar) who died but didn't stay dead. I make the leap that anyone who can pull that off is more than human and I believe he's God in human form.

Not only is He the ultimate artist, He heals people physically and emotionally, He helps anyone who'll let Him by giving them this weird peace in the middle of chaos and He has a way of continuing to make the seemingly impossible happen.

So you'll excuse me if, in light of this God that got us into this, I choose not to freak out, but instead turn to Him and go "ok God, this is your show. This only works if you make it work, so here you go, it's all yours."

For this reason, and this alone, I KNOW that this trip is not only going to work out but is going to be beyond our imaginings right now. God is on it and in it and HIS plans, not ours are going to happen. And it's going to be, in the truest sense of the word, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment