Sunday, October 25, 2009

Deep breaths...

SO, I guess it's kinda time to emerge from my comfort snuggie of denial and accept that I am, in fact, about to lead a team to N. Ireland! And, as much as I might think I have the first clue what God has in mind, I also know from experience that what God intends to happen and what I expect aren't necessarily the same thing! So I am anticipating what God is going to do with this insanely fab (and, frankly, insane) team He's assembled.

Tonight we were "commissioned" in church (fancy pants way of saying Ryan told the church where we were going, what we were intending to do and then praying as a church for us), hence the shifting from denial. It is seriously cool to know we have so many cool people supporting the team and praying for a wee country they've never (mostly) been to :)

Tomorrow is our last growth group meeting before we head out so after this, hopefully you'll be hearing more from the other members of the team as we all blog from NI and post photos of the day's events...

Thanks for reading and praying- please comment so I feel less like I'm talking to myself!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I hope your travels are safe! May all stay healthy and focused on what the Lord is doing around you all.

    Can't wait to hear more about the journey!!

    : ) deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you guys each day! Kat, you are an amazing woman to want to share the Eastlake experience with the good people of North Ireland. God has put you in this position with good reasons which are becoming amazingly clear each and every week!

    ReplyDelete