Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New attendees!!!

So to recap: this is week 1 of me being here, Reese doesn't get here for a month, we have NO money, no venue, no pastor, pretty much nada by way of structure/team etc. which might all seem like technical hitches in a logical world.

Thank God though, He is not confined to our wee brains' idea of logic or of what is possible. Today's "oh my word God you're AMAZING" moment came when talking to a dear friend about the Pride parade in Belfast last Saturday and how All Souls church from Belfast had walked in the parade (not sure what they were doing exactly, but from my friend it sounds like they were doing a rad job of loving people?). Anyhoo, my friend had been talking with some of her homosexual friends about the church and all and she asked me if EastLake Belfast would be like that? I was soooo happy to be able to say that YES with open arms we want to love everyone and she said she thought a few of her friends might be interested in coming along! :D

So we have no place to meet, but a few potential new attendees ready to give us a chance to show them that Jesus LOVES them. What a humungous privilege. WOW. I just felt so honored that my friend would even consider entrusting her friends to experience EastLake and I truly hope that when they do come, that her friends would get the same love, welcome and community that we want to extend to everyone. We ALL need Jesus, he loves us ALL. I love that we might get the chance to love on people who're normally villified and excluded from church.

As you can tell I'm pretty bouncing off the walls about this one- I KNOW God's got a plan and I love when He shows us these little glimpses of what He has in store here. This is insanely cool stuff. It's the stuff of the impossible becoming possible by the power and grace of a passionate, loving God. Rad.

1 comment:

  1. And in other news I've started visiting other churches in the area to get a feel for what's already going on in the city and have got a part-time job in one of the major nightclubs in Belfast, starting Thursday. Utterly crap money, but it's money coming in rather than going out so I'll take it- HOLLA!!!

    ReplyDelete