Saturday, July 31, 2010

Back home in Norn Iron

It's 12.08 pm here, 4.08 am in Seattle. Weird. I'm already confusing the dickens out of myself trying to remember to count back 8 hours rather than the forward 8 hours I've become so used to! My first full day here yesterday was a familiarly wet if very warm NI day and involved me hitting the ground running in my quest to find a home for Reese and I.

It's incredible to me how God has already changed my heart for this place (though He has much more to do in me for sure) and I find myself growing in compassion and love for people that I previously could cheerfully have drop-kicked off the top of a tall building. Yeh, definitely not a Jesus-Junior here but I'm merely keeping it real. God is the only hero in this story.

Now the job hunt kicks in for me, along with the hunt for a home and car. All prayers gratefully received!


No comments:

Post a Comment