Talk about the morning after the night before?? Or, specifically, afternoon after the night before.
Last night was the 1st night of the 1st growth group en route to EastLake Belfast. Open Fires and Open Minds does what it says on the tin and involves a group of us gathering at mine by an open fire and reading The Case for Christ together. Last night was the first night and was just a chance to hang out and get to know each other- no pressure, no reading required.
I can't remember when I've laughed so hard- certainly not for a while and it was SO COOL to see this random group of amazing people coming together and just gelling. Right down to seeming to share the same ridiculous sense of humor and taste in movies (Anchorman was liberally quoted and a field trip to Life of Brian was suggested, ha!)
God alone knows what the next weeks have in store but I can't wait to spend 4 more weeks hanging out with these guys and have a high sense of expectancy over what God is going to do in the midst of it all. I'm also terrified for my own part in it but it's not about me thankfully so BRING IT!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment