Saturday, October 9, 2010

Since I last posted...

Sorry for the delay- it turns out that moving country takes rather more effort than I had allowed for- shocker!

Anyhoo, here's some of the high and low points since I last graced you with my presence on here...
  • I moved into the awesome wee house.
  • The chimney got swept and now Ferd and I have to be dragged kicking ans screaming away from the open fire.
  • I FINALLY managed to get broadband (so if you're on skype, I'd love to hear from you!)
  • 2 awesome friends who wouldn't describe themselves as Christian stepped up and said they want to make EastLake Belfast happen- how freaking awesome is that???? :D
  • Reese's visa was denied :( Whilst I'm bummed not to have my partner in crime here right now, the above happened in the same week, so I'm sensing a God-timing-thing. PLUS both Reese and I are sure she's meant to be here sometime so God's just got different ideas about WHEN she needs to be here. Please be praying for her because this is tough timing and waiting and testing and all on Reese but I've got to say, her faith in spite of such a blow has been impressive (and a sign of how much God has been doing in her- v. cool to watch my sista grow like that!! Yeay God)
  • I "just so happened" (and you all know how much I DON'T believe in coincidence!!) to meet a pastor in the new Christian bookstore in Comber who wants to work with us, find ways that we can team up or help each other out, and basically help us get off the ground. I might add that this includes him offering use of his church's property if it would help us. In the course of conversation with him he was referencing Case for Christ, Nooma, Rob Bell etc., and his style sounds very familiar to us EastLakers. V. cool guy so this was exciting!!
  • EastLake Belfast is going to have it's first growth group this November from which I hope we will gather some more of a launch crew and see some cool life change (please be praying!!!) It's going to be a study group based on "The Case for Christ" and I can't wait. Also v. nervous of course but God's got a plan so I'm just trying to keep stepping forward as you do...
  • The bookstore in Comber are giving me six-packs of the books up front without charge so I can sell them (and return any I might not sell). Considering that I'm still broke courtesy of a crap economy and only having a part-time minimum wage job, this is phenomenal :) That the books also only cost each person #4 is wicked and removes another hurdle to anyone taking part in group- boo yah!
Think those are the main things in the past couple of weeks! Phew, not much to report eh?! God rocks and I'm as usual just trying to keep up and ride the Divine wave as it were. Plenty of personal wipe-outs but my wipeouts don't impede the progress of the wave, for which I'm truly thankful.

Thanks for reading, please comment, pray, support etc. Cheers for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment